martes, 11 de junio de 2024

Canciones para una vida - Uriah Heep - The Wizard



THE  WIZARD

De vuelta a los mismos comienzos rescato nuevamente este disco de los británicos Uriah Heep "Demons and wizards" de 1972 para destacar otra de sus importantes canciones, "The Wizard", uno de esos temas inmortales con los que el grupo grabó su primer videoclip. Estamos ante un importante momento para lo que vendría después y bandas como esta fueron clave como cimientos sobre los que construir toda una década como la de los ochenta. Como digo dejo en el blog un enlace a youtube del clip oficial de este "The Wizard", una de esas canciones para una vida.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaRXQkuB2SM 

 

He was the wizard of a thousand kingsAnd I chanced to meet him one night wanderingHe told me tales and he drank my wineMe and my magic man kind of feeling fine
He had a cloak of goldAnd eyes of fireAnd as he spoke I felt a deep desireTo free the world of its fear and painAnd help the people to feel free again
Why don't we listen to the voices in our hearts'Cause then I know we'd find we're not so far apartEverybody's got to be happyEveryone should singFor we know the joy of lifeThe peace that love can bring
So spoke the wizard in his mountain homeThe vision of his wisdom means we'll never be aloneAnd I will dream of my magic nightAnd the million silver stars that guide me with their light
 
By Nash

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario